Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gr 7&8 Blue Mountain Fall Trip

Our Class Trip to Blue Mountain ...Here are some of my observations & thoughts on our class trip to Blue Mountain. I, Mrs Nelson can speak on behalf of the class that we had a great time! I am grateful to have had the opportunity to spend time and connect with many of the Fairhaven students from Grade 6-8 and especially the students from our class Grade 7&8's . As an Intern Teacher, I am impressed with our Grade 7&8 students as I watched them learn the skills of working in a team, rising to the occasion of leading the team through many difficult challenges. 


As for myself this trip challenged me(Mrs. Nelson) to take risks and push myself past my fear of height. The high ropes challenge was something that I never would of imagined myself doing but as the students were asking me if they should do it - of coarse I said YES! Then the inevitable question was asked..."Mrs Nelson are you going to do it too?" As a teacher, I realized that this is one of those moments that I needed to rise above my own fear and exemplify the qualities that I am encouraging our students to have.


As I climbed the ladder and looked around I realized that my fear of heights was only in my head.I jumped off the really high pole & zip-lined across a huge valley and I am happy to tell you: I survived. I realize how much fun I have been missing out on. It was good for me as well as many of the students who also conquered their fears!  This was a great opportunity for the students to build relationships among one another which produces a healthy classroom environment for all the students to succeed in.
                                                                     Sincerely, Mrs.Nelson



A special, Thank You to Donna Banks, Our School Board Trustee who took the time to come out and photograph many of the fun moments we all shared! 




No comments:

Post a Comment